Grey Merlin is for sale as we have decided to buy a bigger boat. She is based on a Roxanne hull and below deck configuration is similar to that of a Roxanne but with a cutter rig and a bowsprit. The spars are hollow, made of Douglas Fir by Noble of Bristol. Grey Merlin featured on the front cover of Practical Boat Owner in January 1997. For full details and a very complimentary review of her please see Practical Boat Owner 1997 pdf .
We have owned her since 2016 and during that period we have made the following improvements:-
• New Beta 20 engine 2016
• New Jeckell cushions in saloon and forecabin
• Second winch fitted to coach roof to raise centre plate.
• Spinlock deck organizers port & starboard for halyards.
• Garmin Echomap Plus 75cv Chartplotter fitted
• Horizon VHF
• New galley inc sink, brass Davey cold water pump,
• Origo twinburner meths stove
The cream sails (by Ratseys) are in good condition.
The boat can be viewed in Totnes, Devon
Martin Fodder (click link).